Thursday, February 28, 2013

Back in Paradise...

Did I Make It???


The hot burning question on all of your minds, I am sure.  I believe that I did!  If you remember, the original Lenten challenge was to give up shopping.  There was a built in clause that allowed me to buy one magnet and one keepsake from each country that I visited while on Lent.  For those of you who don't know, I recently celebrated my birthday in Dubai, UAE.  It was FANTASTIC!!  Dubai is everything that it promises to be:  BIGGER, BETTER, and FAKER (not a word, I know)!  Having grown up near Disney World in Florida, I felt right at home, but I digress.  On to the important stuff...the challenge.  I purchased the following in Dubai:

  • One koozie from Atlantis.
  • One koozie from The Irish Village.
  • One magnet.

 While some of you may be quick to think, "wait a minute, that is TWO keepsakes!"  I can justify these purchases by saying:

  1. This is pretty damn good for a girl with a shopping addiction who just happens to visit one of the world's most renowned shopping capitals.  
  2. Atlantis is pretty much a country in it's own right.  Therefore, I think I am good.  What do you think? 

Upon my return from Dubai, I realized that I needed rice.  Off to the Bakala I went.  Apparently rice is a big deal.  I mean, I am no dummy and knew that, but I wasn't expecting to be able to ONLY buy rice in 5kg bags (about 11lbs).  That is a lot of rice!




Don't let the price tag fool you.  I paid 1.400 KD for this bag of rice, two onions, and a head of lettuce.  Pretty good!  But wait, it gets even better.  When I arrived home, you can only imagine my joy when I discovered that the rice bag has a zipper!  That's right a ZIPPER!!! It's the small things...  








Bakala Total:  7.350 KD or $25.95







1 comment:

  1. Wow! Great job on the no shopping! You must have had a leather strap to bite on while suffering this torture!

    ReplyDelete