Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Interesting Tidbits...

Interesting Tidbit Number 1...

Today's trip to the Bakala was full of fun and exciting information!  First and foremost, it is exactly 111 steps from my elevator to Bakala Qamar.  This is a good thing as I find myself there almost every single day.  

Interesting Tidbit Number 2...

Our neighborhood Bakala is a bit of a rarity here in Kuwait, as it is open 24 hours.  I am not sure why they are open all night, but it sure is convenient.  Now if we could only get them to sell some "special water,"  all would be right with the world!

Interesting Tidbit Number 3 (I wish I had thought of this one sooner)...

The Stash 2/19/13
I decided today to take a photo of my stash.  It will be interesting to see how my shelves will look after this challenge.  Inevitably this challenge is making me reassess my current stock of food and use each item wisely.  As you can see from the photo, I have started with a pretty good stock of items making the beginning of this challenge seem not so tough.  I wonder what song I will be a singin' after my rations start to dwindle.  Stay tuned... 

 

 

 

 

 

Interesting Tidbit Number 4...

Remember in the beginning when I told you that this challenge was cooked up in my old apartment in Guatemala?  Hopefully, you don't have to think too hard, as it was only last week that this information was revealed.  Anywho, this challenge is now intercontinental as my former roommate Andrea has accepted the challenge!  Check out her progress here:  http://super24livin.blogspot.com/   Want to take bets on who will cave first?!?! 

 

Interesting Tidbit Number 5...

Ok, so this one is really just a purchase update, but I have found out that my price is completely dependent on who is behind the register!  Today I got all of this...


for just 1.400 KD or $4.96.  Interesting because he didn't even weigh the veggies, just charged what he felt was fair.  I'll take it!

Shopping List:  Do we really want to keep this going?  Let's just keep up with the total spent!

Bakala Total:  4.950KD or $17.52


No comments:

Post a Comment